Bienvenue!

Welcome to my French class blog. I hope to post periodically with updates on what's going on in class.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Les Français et les Américains

I'm revisiting my theme of stereotyping in light of an article I read this morning from the NY Times regarding the relationship between the French and Americans.  I find it interesting every September when I get a new group of students, the recurring negative comments about France:  they lack courage because they surrendered during WWII...they "owe" us because we "saved" them (implication that they must support America's every political position until the end of time).  This article puts a different spin on things, and I found it to be quite thought provoking:

For Bastille Day, What America Owes France (NY Times)

Qu'en pensez-vous?

No comments:

Post a Comment